Animal transport – small animals
Small pets making a journey will appreciate the great service GRADLYN Petshipping can offer.
Hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits and others who fly with us will be very well cared for and have their particular creature comforts accommodated all around the world.
There are some special aspects to consider for rodents and other small animal travellers. Our transport experts have more than a decade of experience in such matters and will be happy to offer you competent, professional advice about the preparations you will need to make.
Particularly important issues for travel arrangements involving rodents and other small animals are:
- Information about the animal’s current state of health – you should make detailed information available to Grady Petshipping's transport specialists in good time
- The selection of a suitable and sufficiently spacious transport box for hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits etc. Differences between breeds are very important, and must be taken into account when making a selection. The transport box must be escape-proof and manufactured or modified in accordance with the latest IATA guidelines
For small animals and rodents in transit:
- Small animals and rodent animals are not usually allowed to travel as a "pet in cabin", and so must be transported as cargo
- Some rodents must have a constant supply of food
- Don’t allow any feed to be used as litter
- Certain countries will demand an import authorisation
- Some countries may insist that the pet owner flies as a passenger on the same flight as the one carrying their pet as cargo
- No sedative may be administered to any animal.
Gradlyn Petshipping’s transportation experts can provide you with friendly, calm and competent advice and support in connection with the travel plans for your small animal, the selection of the ideal type of transport box, and all other questions. This ensures that your pet will travel safely and comfortably, avoiding issues such as unnecessary waiting times and additional stress for all parties involved.
Carrying small travellers – in great comfort: Gradlyn Petshipping, your specialist provider for small-animal transport worldwide, with 50 years’ experience.